CIM (BVI) joins the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE)
CIM (BVI) was unanimously approved by the ICDE Executive Committee as a new member.
We are delighted to announce that CIM (BVI) is now member of the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
ICDE is the leading global membership organization for online, open and flexible education and draws its membership from institutions, educational authorities, commercial actors, and individuals.
- Enables change to technology enhanced quality education across the globe.
- Advocates for access, equity and quality learning through online, open and flexible learning.
- A dynamic platform for cooperation on innovation and development, featuring key regional actors and leading experts.
- Access to thousands of higher education institutions, networks and systems.
- A key partner for UNESCO.
- Part-funded by the Government of Norway.
The International Council for Open and Distance Education, or ICDE, is a global membership organisation in the field of open and distance education, and in formal consultative relations with UNESCO. It was founded in 1938 in Canada as the International Council for Correspondence Education. ICDE conducts world conferences on open and distance education on alternate years. Regional conferences are held more frequently. ICDE does not provide educational accreditation to its members. ICDE includes national organizations, such as the University Continuing Education Association (UCEA) in the United States, which provides "cross-disciplinary perspectives and strategies" related to adults and non-traditional students looking for continuous learning opportunities.